We had the honor the be invited to the Mind Body Green podcast and tal with Jason Wachob.
Héctor García and Francesc Miralles: “Never retire from what you love to do.”
Héctor and Francesc, anthropologists and bestselling authors, join mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how centenarians live, eat, and move, plus:
– What is Ikigai (~01:05)
– How people in Okinawa live to 100 (~04:30)
– How smiling can help you live longer (~08:08)
– Why you should stay physically & mentally active (~10:55)
– How to identify your Ikigai (~14:12)
– How to find purpose outside of work (~19:43)
– The benefits of Morita therapy and logotherapy (~27:45)
– How Okinawans eat for longevity (~32:00)
– The magic of green tea (~44:54)
– Why natural movement is key for well-being (~46:03)
– The health benefits of forgiveness (~51:32)
– Why retirement may not be the best option (~52:43)
Referenced in the episode:
– Héctor and Francesc’s book, Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life.
– WHO data on life expectancy in Japan.
– A study on early retirement and mortality.
– A study on green tea and longevity.
– mbg Podcast episode #356, #298, #157, and #33, with Dan Buettner.